Friday, August 16, 2013

(Almost) The End of Summer

Well, summer is almost over and my 3 1/2 week trip to Georgia turned into 6 weeks. Once I got home, I realized how much I had missed it and just couldn't leave. With that said, Kaitlyn didn't come see me so I didn't get to introduce her to Georgia. We also didn't get to do everything on our summer bucket list in Texas, but we did visit Port Aransas, go fishing, have lunch at the Bear Moon Cafe, and do some Pinterest crafts. A lot of the other stuff that we had planned can be done on the weekend, so there's still time to get those done. 
 Every summer since I can remember, my family has been going camping at the same place in North Carolina. This year, we went for a day trip and had a great time rafting down the rapids and swimming in the ice-cold water. Top Left- My brother in law; Middle Left- My Mama; Bottom Left and Right- My Niece; Bottom Center- My sister;  Top Right- My best friend :)

 I visited my best friend and her husband in Odessa for a few days and we took a trip to Monahans Sandhills. I've never seen so much sand before. That's all you could see forever. While there, we watched a couple of storms roll in and witnessed a couple of cool lightning shows. 

 A couple of weeks ago, I visited my first Texas beach, Port Aransas. It was also the first time in about 2 years that I have been to the beach and I went fishing for the first time in probably a dozen years. The sun and the sand were great therapy. 

 These are some of the flippin' adorable T-shirt pillows that I made for my classroom this year. I made 6 total, and hope my kiddos love them as much as I do!

 I bought this dresser a few years back from Ikea and decided to Mod Podge the drawers with some scrapbook paper to make it cuter, because everything in my classroom has to be cute! In this picture, the original knobs are still on, but I bought some cute turquoise flower knobs and it looks even more adorable now. 

So, even thought I didn't get through everything on my Summer Bucket List, I had a great summer. I got to spend lots of time with my Mama while she was recovering from her total knee replacement surgery and had the chance to see some of my friends as well. I know that I didn't get a chance to see everyone that I wanted, but there's always Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment