Monday, May 25, 2015

Spring Break...A Few Months Late

For spring break this year, I traveled to Jackson, WY to visit my brother for a few days of fun in the snow. I had a lot of time to think on the plane ride. The following is an entry I wrote on my phone's memo app...

As I fly somewhere over the Midwestern states, I am reminded how small an entity I am in the scale of this vast world. My dreams to someday travel the world are more prominent lately. Perhaps that's because I am feeling so restless and in need for a change. The reason of which I am not completely certain. Perhaps it's because I am starting to have a great distaste for my job. Or perhaps it's my heart that is restless because it is uncertain as to what it wants. My mind definitely isn't helping the situation, since they can't get on the same page. I feel disheveled and lost lately. I have some serious thinking to do and I'm not sure if I can or want to make the decisions that I know I need to make. Life sure was a lot more simple when I had someone making most of my decisions for me. Too bad my mom can't just tell me what to do now. It's funny to think that at one time in my life, all I wanted was to make my own decisions and be completely responsible for myself. And now that I have that freedom and responsibility, I wish someone would tell me what I should do so that I don't have to deal with the burden alone.

Some of the decisions I was trying to make a couple of months ago have been solved, but there are still about a million more thoughts running through my head that I need to figure out. It seems that I do my best thinking when I'm on the road, so I'm looking forward to this summer and some solo driving time from Texas to Wyoming and then Wyoming to Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment