Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hello Blog World!

Hello world! For those of you that don't already know me, here is a little bit about me:
I recently earned my bachelor's degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education (Pre-K through 5th grade) and have a part-time teaching gig in kindergarten. I spend 7 hours a day with 21 five and six year-old kids. Most people think that I am crazy when I tell them what I have chosen as my profession, but when I am teaching, I know that is what I am supposed to do. I recently ended a long-term relationship and am taking a journey to find myself again. With the help of my amazing friends and family, I am off to a successful start. I found a quote today that pretty much sums it all up: " Past experiences make you realize how much greater your life is now." I knew that I was unhappy, but didn't truly understand to what extent until I started living for myself again. I was spending so much time trying to "fix" him that I lost my own happiness and scarred relationships with some of the people that mean the most to me. I have made a promise to myself that I will never put someone else's happiness ahead of my own. As a person that tends to be drawn to people that need help, that is definitely a goal that I am going to have to make a conscience effort to achieve!

So, why did I decide to start a blog?

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and finally decided to jump on the bandwagon after my best friend, Liza, started hers (http://breadcrumbstohealth.blogspot.com/). We are both trying to eat healthier and get in shape, and since we are temporarily in different states, I figured we could motivate each other through our blogs, instead! I am new to this blog thing, unless you count keeping up with MySpace in middle/high school, so thanks for bearing with me and following my journey! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment