Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Report Cards, Strep Throat, and Pollen, Oh My!

Is it Friday yet?!? This week has been crazy between report cards and strep throat going around my classroom. Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of pollen in the air the last couple of days has been off the charts, so some students have stayed inside because of allergies. I was at work until 5 yesterday trying to finish up report cards (I usually leave around 3-3:30) and still had more to finish today! But, I finally got them all done and they went home with the little darlings this afternoon. I was on my own for dinner tonight so I decided to take over the grill and made hamburgers with Dale's steak sauce, salt & pepper, and cooked asparagus in a foil packet with butter and Parmesan cheese.. yummy! I think I cooked the asparagus a little too long, so it wasn't crunchy, but it still tasted good. :-)

Now that report cards are done and I can take a breath, I am going to continue The List...

The List, Day 2:

Technically, the second item is 3 legitimate fears that you have, but I will have to think on that and come back to it, so I am going to skip around to number 4: 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self. I am changing this from 16 year old self to just younger self. Here goes...

1. Stay involved in high school
2. Don't be so afraid to screw up!
3. Tell him you have a crush on him and don't be embarrassed when someone else does
4. Stay in Valdosta.
5. Participate in more college activities
6. Take care of yourself first
7. You can't fix everyone
8. Stand up for yourself
9. Stay at home and save up for a few more months before moving out
10. Have fun!

What would you tell your younger self?

No comments:

Post a Comment