Monday, March 26, 2012

5 Happy Things

So I decided to clear my browsing history on my computer and just spend almost 20 minutes trying to log back into my blog because I couldn't remember which e-mail address I used because I set it up with an AOL e-mail. Sheesh! Anyway, my sister and I got an elliptical last week and I tried it out for the first time today, and holy bejeezus were my legs feeling the burn! It came free from my brother and they lost the power cord when they moved, so I am not sure how far I "went" but I worked out for about 45 minutes! I will probably really feel it tomorrow while I am walking around the aquarium with my Kindergarteners, but it is so worth it! Remember how in my first post I talked about not being able to lose weight, even though I am exercising and eating healthy?!? Well, everyone in my family that I talk to is convinced that I have something wrong with my thyroid (thyroid disease does run in my family) so I am going to try to get an appointment to get it checked out. Once I get that figured out, hopefully this whole weight loss thing will come a little easier, so I don't feel so discouraged.

On another note, I am going to continue with The List, and I am also going to continue to jump around. This time, I am going to numero 5 because it's my favorite number.

5. What are 5 things that make you most happy right now?

Otay, here goes...

1. Being single and not taking care of someone else.

2.  Moving to Texas this summer!!!!

3. Teaching.

4. My amazing family and friends that have been there for me, even when I went through a period of stupid decisions.

5. Skype.

Alright, there you have it; my list of 5 things that make me happy these days. There are a few more, but these are the first things that popped into my head. Mostly, I am happy with my decision to get out of a relationship that was sending me into depression and causing me to lose myself. I didn't realize just how unhappy I was until I stepped away from the situation. And, even though that decision led me to being single for the first time in almost 6 years, I am enjoying every minute of it! Remember that no relationship is worth losing your happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm stuck again too babe!!! We will just both have to keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete