Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Woot Woot!

Two days in a row?!? I think that's a record for me. :-)

Since my last post made me cry (and probably you as well) I decided to choose something from The List that was a bit more on the happy side. So, I am doing number 7: What is your dream job, and why?

Keep in mind, that this is my dream job, so it is not realistic.

I think that many people would probably say that their dream job would be something that would make them oodles of money, but not for me, especially considering that the career path that I have chosen is in the education field. With that in mind, I would have to say that my dream job is teaching. Probably 4th grade. Enter the dream part: a classroom filled with every teaching tool I could possibly use (computers, manipulatives, useful textbooks, etc.) and a student body that is eager to learn and that is well-behaved. A classroom that is full of adorable brown, purple, green, pink, and blue decorations, all coordinating. Everything organized. Kick butt lesson plans. Parents that understand that I am only one person and cannot achieve one-on-one with every child in the classroom. An awesome principal.

To some of you it may sound crazy, but when I am teaching, I know that is where I am supposed to be. So, there you have it; my dream job. What other job gives you 2 months off in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas, time at Thanksgiving (at least 3 days), a week in the spring, and every weekend off?!? :-)

"Teaching is the greatest act of optimism."

No comments:

Post a Comment